How to Get Rid of Varicose Veins without Side Effects
Varicose veins can not only be painful but also cause bulging and discoloration that is very noticeable. This can be embarrassing for some people, especially women who might want to enjoy wearing the latest fashions. Varicose veins are dilated blood vessels that swell when blood valves are unable to effectively circulate blood. When the blood pools veins become more prominent.
They can cause other issues including a swollen feeling in the legs and aching after extended periods of sitting or standing. There are therapy options to treat varicose veins in Phoenix as well as the closely related, much smaller spider veins.
The latest in vascular care treatments in Phoenix include Endovenous Laser Therapy and Ambulatory Phlebectomy and Ultrasound Guided Foam Sclerotherapy. These treatments are effective without causing any adverse side effects.
Who is Commonly Affected by Varicose Veins?
Varicose veins affect one in four adults in the United States. They are more common in people who:
- Work a job that involves prolonged standing
- Experience weight gain
- Have intrinsic vein abnormalities
- Are pregnant
- Have a family history of varicose veins or spider veins
- Have suffered leg trauma
- Experience a low level of daily movement
Symptoms of varicose veins include:
- Dark purple or blue in veins
- Twisted or bulging veins
- Achy, tired or heavy feeling in the legs
- Burning and throbbing in the lower legs
- Muscle cramping and swelling in the lower legs
- Worsened pain after extended sitting or standing
- Itching around the veins
- Skin discoloration around the vein
If you have any of these symptoms you should schedule an appointment with a varicose vein specialist in Arizona.
How to Get Rid of Varicose Veins
Two effective varicose vein treatments available in Phoenix that won’t cause side effects include:
- Endovenous Laser Therapy (EVLT): This minimally invasive, non-surgical procedure takes just 45 to 60 minutes. It does not cause scarring and also reduces the risk of your varicose veins returning. The procedure uses laser energy to seal problematic veins and reroute blood to normal healthy veins. It is practically pain-free with a quick recovery time.
- Ambulatory Phlebectomy: This treatment is recommended for treating superficial veins that have a larger bulge. An anesthetic is used to numb the skin and then the superficial veins are removed through several small incisions.
- Ultrasound Guided Foam Sclerotherapy: This treatment is for venous insufficiency. While almost any abnormal vein may be treated with foam the ideal choice would be a large, tortuous varicose vein.
These treatments allow you to walk immediately following the procedure and get back to your regular routine. Graduated compression stockings aid in the healing process to reduce swelling. These treatments are also effective in treating spider veins.
If you are ready to pursue an effective treatment for your varicose or spider veins, speak to a varicose vein expert in Phoenix to discuss the treatment that is best for your needs.
Call (480) 661-4761 to schedule a comprehensive consultation to discuss your needs with the experts at EnteBella Medical. We provide both Endovenous Laser Therapy and Ambulatory Ultrasound Guided Foam Sclerotherapy Phlebectomy treatments.